Interactive Day Care Activities
At Foundations For Learning, we focus on individualized experiences and hands-on-learning. Each of our locations in South Windsor, Glastonbury and Southington all believe in the same core principles of education and “play with purpose”.
Foundations for Learning, at its core, is a learning center for young children. All of the students that attend our day care programs have the opportunity to participate in a variety of activities that are:
The teaching staff at Foundations For Learning take their jobs very seriously and work hard to make sure that each family experiences a personalized relationship with the teachers, the administration, and the school. Through parent communication, structured preschool classrooms, engaging curriculum, and excellent classroom management we are able to create a positive environment for children to thrive.
Each classroom is organized into learning centers:
- Dramatic Play (dress-up, kitchen, pretend food/dishes, puppets, etc…)
- Sensory Tables
- Group Time (calendar, weather, days of the week, letters/numbers, etc…)
- Fine Motor/Manipulatives (lacing cards, puzzles, unifix cubes, shape connectors, legos)
- Math/Science (in Tweens and Pre-Kindergarten/School Age classrooms)
- Language/Writing (in Tweens and Pre-Kindergarten/School Age classrooms)
- Gross motor (in Older Infants/Younger Toddler classroom only)
For the curriculum, each week the staff focuses on a specific theme which will serve as the basis for all of the activities that the students do throughout the week. In addition to the theme we also incorporate a letter of the week and a number of the week. The goal is to expose students to pre-academic and academic concepts in a low stress environment.