At Foundations For Learning Family Day Care, we believe that community involvement benefits both the charities/organizations that we support and the students/ families in our school. By encouraging young children and their families to participate in our outreach efforts we strive to:
- Create meaningful connections with community members
- Teach a sense of responsibility
- Teach students that one person can make a difference
- Teach tolerance and know that diverse individuals can be united by common cause
- Help students learn early job skills (counting money, organizing activities, and working as a team)
- Provide services and materials to those in need
Foundations For Learning in the Glastonbury and South Windsor COMMUNITIES:
We participate and support many local and national charities. Some of our outreach efforts include:
- Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation Research
We put together a teacup raffle with prizes donated by local businesses, a concession stand run by students, games run by our child care and preschool teachers, demonstrations by local performers, and information booths from local organizations.
- Disaster Relief Donation Collection
- No Freeze Shelter Donation
- TOYS FOR TOTS Drop-off site
- Donation center for the Hockanum Valley Food Pantry
We pride ourselves on the relationships that we have with local businesses. Check out the websites of some of our favorite places:
-Each summer we host an Alex’s Lemonade Stand in order to help raise money for childhood cancer
-Our school has been a donation site for tornado and hurricane relief efforts in New England and in other regions around the U.S.
-Our school collects winter items and household items for homeless shelters in CT.
Local Organizations and Businesses we recommend